Sunday, July 26, 2009

Why We Are Here

Why are we here? Because the real world is hard. College is supposed to be that gateway to the real world, 4 years that prepare you for "real" life while still allowing you to mooch off your parents.

But let's face it: college, while it can teach you a lot about Proust, comparative political theory, Arabic, and physics, can't teach you about the real world.

So then, we graduate college. We (if we're lucky) get jobs. In my case, I graduated this past May, got a job offer, and moved clear across the country to start a new life on the East Coast. A new city, a new apartment, a new job, new friends, a whole new life.

Actually, for the most part all of that is pretty great. And I am having a blast as a single, independent 21-year-old just out of college in a great new city. But I keep finding there are things no one told me that I have to learn the hard way. Things about the "real world" that I never saw coming.

So I decided to do what anyone does in 2009: BLOG THAT SHIT.

I hope some of you will be able to relate, or at least find my observations amusing.

No comments:

Post a Comment